A Bright Light for Christ on the Corner of Fourth & Walnut Streets
CHURCH MISSION STATEMENT
Our Mission is to be a Bright Light for Christ, as we fulfill the Great Commission of Matthew 28:19- 20
19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” Matthew 28:19-20
We Welcome seekers, Train Christians, and Empower believers to share and serve Jesus Christ — the Bright Light of God’s Love.
EIGHT PRINCIPLES THAT GUIDE US
1. The Holy Bible, our only rule of faith and practice.
2. The Lord Jesus Christ, the only head of the church and our only Savior.
3. Christian, a sufficient name for Christ’s followers.
4. Christian character or life, the only true test of fellowship.
5. Individual interpretation, the duty, right and privilege of Christians.
6. The union of all followers of Christ, that they all shall be one, even as Christ prayed.
7. All the offices of this Church are open to qualified men and women.
8. The local church is complete in all the giftedness needed for governance.
OUR CHURCH COVENANT
We Covenant with the LORD and one with another to walk together in all God’s ways, following the Lord Jesus Christ, as revealed through the Holy Spirit and the Holy Bible.
Our Covenant unites us and binds us together in love as we strive to do the following
- § Know the will of God as taught in the Bible.
- § Walk in God’s ways as revealed to us.
- § Proclaim the Gospel to all the world.
- § Worship the one true God.
- § Labor for the progress of knowledge, justice, peace and the realization of human brotherhood, depending on the Holy Spirit to guide us into all truth as we work and play
Constitution/Bylaws (Download PDF)
Midwest Association of Congregational Christian Churches